Monday, June 8, 2009

What did I DO?!

I had no idea what I had started when I let Sam finally get a Thomas the Train at Toys 'r Us on Saturday. He is way into trains and we finally got a Thomas DVD for him (which he never stops watching). So I thought, Okay, let's just get him a Thomas, he has other cheap wood trains he can just add to the back.


Well, as you can see, he loved it. We'd ask him if he wanted to go on a walk, or go to the store, or whatever else we'd ask, and he'd just shake his head and say, "nope." He was not going to leave his train. He woke up from his nap and we didn't even get so much as a "hi". It was straight to the train for more hours of circle after circle.
Well we all know how cleaver those toy companies are. They include a mini-brochure of all the wonderful things you can get to go along with the one you have. Sam sat admiring it and that was all it took for his dad, the push-over.


The look...this is so dangerous. I know that look. I used to use that look on my parents. Why didn't it work like this?


Of course you can get them all! Super dad is here with his magic laptop and ebay.


Oooo! Somebody dared to out bid me. I'll show them.


Don't worry Sam, Daddy won't lose again. This one's mine!


Yes!


What was I thinking? One little train. Just one...yeah right. Anyone who's been at our house knows we are the classic collectors who can't just have one.

2 comments:

  1. I don't believe it! You guess hate toys, especially Seth...NOT before you know it you will own every single thing that was ever made for Thomas the Train...I am soooo sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O No! It's in the genes for sure. Good luck! Maybe this collection will pay for Sam's college education. LOl!

    ReplyDelete