9. Feed Sam vegetables
8. Remember things (anything really)
7. Admit when I don't know how to do something
6. Express my feelings
5. Keep in contact with people
4. Wait for things I want now
3. Keep my buget
2. Handle being sick
1. Ask for help when I know I really need it
This weekend was a test of a few of those things. I got really sick (my own fault, I never do to the doctor when I should and then things get way worse). Needless to say I did not handle it well. I was up all Saturday night with chills and hot sweats, I was so sore I couldn't hold the kids....oh...I guess it's time to go to the doctor. Poor Seth felt bad that he didn't know what was going on because his crazy wife never tells him because she has this dumb complex that being sick is a weakness and she should still be able to do everything herself! (what's up with that, right?!)
Well, after spending all Sunday morning at the insta-care I got the goods and am hopefully on the mend from my infection. It was a hard day, but full of love and support.
If I ever doubted that people around me care, it was all erased yesterday. I called the Primary President yesterday, last minute, and she took care of music for me. (Thanks Amanda, Margaret, and Anaika). They even dropped by these cute "Get well soon" cards the kids made for me. I started to cry. How sweet.

Then our sweet neighbor heard and after her husband helped Seth give me a blessing, brought over the most incredible dinner over for us. (Thanks Jenny and Shane)

Not to mention my dear Seth who picked up the house about 10 times, did the dishes about 7 times, changed about 30 diapers, and got up with the kids through out the night. Wow! I am so blessed to have such a sweet man in my life. (Thanks Sweetie)
One of the most terrible days became one of the sweetest days I've had in a long time. Maybe I will have to admit when I can't do it all and let people help more often...we'll see! :)
I believe that trait runs in the family!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you went through that! I guess it's a lesson we all learn at some point. Been there and I empathize. Holler if I can help in anyway. We love ya! Feel better soon!
ReplyDelete