
I got this idea from my sister-in-law. She read a book that taught skills your kids can acquire at certain ages and how important it is to teach them skills that can make them feel successful and self-sufficient. I haven't read her book yet, but am excited to do so. Her name is Merrilee Boyack and the book is called "The Parenting Breakthrough." (She also gave a talk at BYU called "Teaching Kids to Fly)

This is as far as I got without reading the book yet. I obviously put my own interpretation on it, but I am going to use this as a Family Night Lesson this next week to introduce it. I hope it goes over well and helps us get excited about learning new things and helps us realize our progression.
That's such a good idea, you'll have to let me know how it goes.
ReplyDeleteCute idea! I agree with giving them little projects that boost confidence.
ReplyDelete