
When I sing Sam usually starts screaming and says, "no" and shakes his head. He's even gone to the extreme of trying to cover my mouth. Now I know I don't have the best voice in the world, but come on kid, I don't sound that bad!
I was always so sad, especially since he will be in Primary soon and me being the music chorister, I just pictured him running up and trying to get me to stop. I had always imagined before having kids how nice it would be to be able to sing them to sleep. I had let that vision die after realizing how much he didn't like my singing, until this last week.
Sam was having a hard time going to bed so I layed by him and aksed, "Do you want Mom to sing a song?" He didn't say anything so I started singing. There was no screaming in protest, no little hand trying to cover my mouth. I was so happy inside.
When I finished my song I just laid there by him and he tilted his little, tired head up and said, "nother song?" My heart melted and I sand about 50 more Primary songs to him. He drifted into a sound sleep and I was so happy.
This little pattern has gone on for a few nights now and I just love my special time with him now.
How sweet. Isnt it funny how no matter what they do they always find a way to melt your heart? He is such a cutie! Bostyn does the same to me, but it is b/c I sound awful. ;)
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet! They will cherish you singing to them! What a fun memory.
ReplyDelete