Monday, June 1, 2009

Copy Cat

I have no problem being a copy cat. In fact alot of "my" best ideas and creations have come from being a pretty good one. I would hope that people would copy me too if they saw something they liked that I did. Here are two of my favorite ideas I have found lately. They both cost me nothing because I used things I already had.
I love creating new things. It makes me feel so happy inside.

Here's the original

Here's mine. I used Sam's watercolors and cut them up.

Here's the original

Here's mine. I used wood, scrapbook paper, and mod podge.

It's amazing what you can do with a good idea to get you started. You'd be amazing what you can do when you use things you already have around the house. I love no-cost design!
My next plan is to do some kind of a train since Sam's SO into trains right now. I will either pencil it out for him to watercolor in and then draw charcol around them and frame them as a border in his room, or do the paper and wood idea in a line as a train for his border. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

2 comments:

  1. Hey you are too creative. how come you got all the artistic genes? Guess you will just have to come over and help me. What are sisters for!

    ReplyDelete