Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas in Idaho

We had an amazing Christmas with Seth's family at his sister's house in Idaho. It was very relaxing and fun. We adults just hung out and watched movies while the kids played and annoyed each other. It was great.
We threw in a few of my family traditions to make it feel a little more Christmas-y for me. (the picture on the bed, the picture on the stairs, the big yummy breakfast...) But the truth was, I really didn't need any of those things. It was Christmas just the same.



The only bummer about it was that my back went out (thankfully after we opened all the presents and ate breakfast). It was a little embarrassing for me at first, having that happen in front of Seth's family, but it really was a blessing. Jaime's husband is a doctor and took great care of me, and the whole family was there to pitch in and take care of my boys. The only thing I can say is that on this trip "Seth's family" became "my family". I love them so much!

Here's a little look at our Christmas. We are very blessed with many things that you don't see in these pictures. We have a wonderful, healthy (for the most part) eternal family, the gospel, a beautiful home that is full of the Spirit, Seth has a wonderful job, great friends and neighbors, and we are happy.
We are so thankful for all that we have.
We are also very thankful for all these gifts too! They are fun!
Our loot...
Remotes...wow, I wonder what Santa will bring Karen?! :)

It's a good thing Santa came through so we had something to do with those remotes! I also scored the new Toy Story Mania Wii game. It's the reason I wanted a Wii. I fell in love with the ride and Disney World and had to have the game. I lived up to all of it's expectations. It is supper fun and was a blessing to have as it was something I could do while laying flat on my back all week. I got Are you Smarter then a 5th grader, and beautiful jewel watch and a beautiful frames monogram for your house.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars season 1. Awesome!

I guess Seth's dad got tired of loosing all his fingernail clippers to Seth...

Did you really think he'd get any other games?

This year's Christmas blanket. I tried to throw him off this year. I thought I did good. I smashed it in a tiny box with heavy rocks...I think he still knew!

Here's what Santa brought Sam. He was happy with the box. We didn't even need to open it, but we did get a better reaction when he saw that there was something in there. These trains came with a fun track all laid out for him!

This is what James got from Santa. It took a little warming up to. These puppets went with a cute little puppet theater.

When we were in Disney World in November Sam got an alligator that squeeks and James was so jealous. We picked this up there and saved it for him. He loves his squeeky "Wheezy" and carries it around and constantly shoves it in our faces to make it squeek for him.

Whenever we'd go to the store and be in the toy section (which is more frequently then I'd like to admit) this is the only thing James would want to play with. He was so excited when we saw it.

More trains...I love his little face in this one. Thank you e-bay!

A tool belt I made for my little handy-man

A Mickey Pirate Ship




I love that Jaime got Dad M a new blow up matress since that's what he sleeps on when he's there! :)






Mom M got the Harry Potter series on blue ray. We found mom a little license plate for her scooter that says "Grandma" with a frame that says "Speed Deamon"! :) We all got a good laugh out of it.




I made Jaime's family a personalized yahtzee game with their pictures. I hope them liked it. It was fun making it for them.



The scene of the crime.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment