Thursday, May 3, 2012

We got a Trampoline!

We decided to get a trampoline.  Well, actually, I decided! :)  We were driving in the car and I looked at Seth and said, "I decided something."  He turned white and said, "what?"  I said, "we should get a trampoline."  He let out a huge breath and said, "you got it.  Man, you scared me.  I thought you wanted another kid!"
Let's just say we had a good laugh at that and I have now learned how to start conversations when I really want to get something! ;)
So I finally got around to putting it together.  And only one sliced toe later we had a great frame that they boys decided made for a perfect rodeo.  Sam was the cowboy and James the bull.
These two crack me up so much.  They are truly eternal best friends and that makes me so stinkin' happy!

 As soon as I had put all the springs on Sam handed me this funny looking tool and said, "Mom, what's this?"  Ahhhh!  I couldn't believe that after I had used my brute strength to pull about 100 springs by hand Sam had the gall to give me my tool for doing it!  Oh well, we still had a good laugh about that.
Sam got the first jumps and informed me that I had done a good job and that it was working well! :)
One of my favorite things about the trampoline is that my kids are out there at like 6:30 a.m. hootin' and haurlin'.

I have learned one important lesson thus far by owning this trampoline.  That is that I tend to call it a "tramp" and when one does that one can be heard saying some pretty funny things.  Our neighbors were over jumping and I had the kids get off because they had trailed a bunch of sand on to it and I wanted to sweep it off.  I got up there a little frustrated and said, "Oh, I just hate dirty tramps!"  Let's just say we all had a good laugh! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment