My kids do remarkably well when a fish dies. I would like to think it's because they have a very calm mother who explains things well to them. But I think I would have to more attribute it to the fact that we are not very lucky when it comes to fish. I think we are on our 4th or 5th set.
This time when our last "Nemo" died I told the kids they could each pick one out this time. We ended up with a cute white, orange, and black one. The white one was named Hector, the black one Sir Swims A Lot, and the orange one Nemo (of course).
Well, when we got home I was letting a little water out of the bag so that I could put the fish in the tank when suddenly the orange one just slid out and down the drain! I couldn't believe it. I was like, holy cow, what am I going to tell the kids?!
I told them how sorry I was, but Nemo went down the drain. The boys were fine and just said, "well, we have to go get another one."
I called Seth and told him I had finally done it....I dumped our money down the drain! :)
Needless to say, we now have a Nemo which Seth picked up. And when he did James simply stated, "Dad, make sure Mom doesn't put this one down the drain!"
All is now well again in the M home! :)
pallet bookshelves
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment