Thursday, May 3, 2012

Out with the Old (literally)

Seth and I FINALLY decided it was time to update our wardrobes.  It was been so long.  I have only gotten myself a thing here and there (mainly when I was pregnant), and he hasn't been shopping in nearly 3 years.  So if you are reading this and had noticed how shabby we were looking, yes, you were right.  We hadn't invested in ourselves for a long time.
We kept saying that we would buy clothes when we reached a desired weight.  Well, we aren't doing too great at that, so we decided it was time we looked and felt better about ourselves to get us motivated.  And boy did I have a fun shopping spree.  If Seth thought I was good at spending money before, I raised the bar in that 3 hour spree we had at the Park City Outlets! :)
The only sad casualty was my favorite old man sweater.  I wore that thing everywhere.  It was so comfy and perfect, well, except for the missing button, paint stain, and holes in the collar....  But we had agreed not to keep anything that didn't fit right or look nice.
We ended up taking 7 huge bags of clothes from our closet to DI.  Yes.  It was time to clean out.  The other benefit was that it gave me the cleaning bug and now every closet in my house (8 more trash bags worth-where does all this stuff come from?!) has been cleaned out and reorganized.  It just feels so much better in my house now.
I am so grateful that I am married to a money-wise, savings-crazy husband so that when these things come up and are needed we are able to do it.  We are so blessed! (and now well dressed!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment