We had a great time with our friends going to the Tracey Aviary. They have really made this place nice.
We took my friend Somer and her two boys, Johnny and James, and headed out to spot some birds. As soon as we got there Sam took over the map (as usual) and directed us to where we needed to go. We had to see all the vultures first, then it was on to "Owl Forest", his favorite thing he remember from the last time we were there.
We spotted some new birds that we didn't notice before that gave us some good laughs.
This is the "super hero" bird, as we called it. We loved how it looked like it was wearing a mask.
This is the "Great Argus". He sounded like he was the bird you would go to if you had deep, unanswered questions.
And this bird won the award for funnest name. "Chaco Chachalaca." Say that 10 times fast! :)
We had fun running around in the shade and picnicking in the park. The trees are just amazing. I miss big trees. I can't wait until they get big like this around us (although I'll probably be dead by that time!)
They have greatest areas for kids to play. Somer and I were commenting on how we loved that it was so simple. I get so tired of playgrounds that are so high-tech and different. We have a lot of parks around us and we don't even know how to play on some of them. It was refreshing to watch the kids just run and jump and climb and dig on some good old fashioned homemade play things. Poor Chloe "ate it" a few times trying to keep up with the big boys, but after some quick hugs and kisses she was "off to the races" again in no time.
No comments:
Post a Comment