We decided it was high time we got on the Trax and took it Downtown to play. So after a good long nap we snagged the kids and headed out on our adventure. The kids were SOOOOO excited to be riding the electric train and were so fun to watch and listen to as they kept giggling, wanting to know what every sign said, asking each other questions, looking out the windows, and repeating over and over, "This is so exciting! I can't wait!"
After a very long train ride, I think which seemed even longer due to having to switch trains, we decided to grab some dinner. This was my first time at the California Pizza Kitchen. We decided to take our server's word for it and order his favorites and we were not disappointed. By far their avocado rolls were the best. Next time I think I will just order two of those and forgo the meal.
We then headed off to the Children's Discovery Gateway. They kids had a BLAST! We just let them run free until about closing time. I love letting kids do their own thing at their own pace. From the beehive full of balls and tubes, to the supermarket, to the farm, to the house, to the construction site, to the dressing up they were having a great time and were wearing themselves out.
The train ride home was just as exciting, but felt a little longer due to tired kiddos. We had to come up with some fun game at the station to help pass the time during our switch.
We had a great time, but agreed that we like the comfort, quickness, and seclusion of our own car.
No comments:
Post a Comment