Thursday, August 13, 2009

Seth's Birthday Week


Seth is the big 2-8 now. No more giving me hard times for the 3 weeks I am older than him...and he milked it for all it was worth and more.
Thursday night we went to the midnight showing of G.I. Joe. It was fun and surprisingly enough I really liked it. It was actually clean. But we are defiantly parents. It was hard to get up the next day and get going...and STAY going for that matter!


Saturday we went to the Cheese Cake Factory for lunch with his parents. It has become a birthday tradition for us. We love that place and love to have a reason to go! The White Chocolate Macadamia Cheesecake is to DIE for!




Just a side note...this restaurant has the nicest bathrooms ever! I usually hold it until I get home, but not here!


On his birthday we had a fun little "surprise" party for him when he got home from work. Joy and I had gone to the Dinosaur Museum that day with our kids so they stayed for his arrival and the cake. I made an attempt at a "cobra" cake in honor of the GI Joe season. It turned out a little pink and a little weird, but it was still fun. I'm still a long way off from the cakes my mom makes.


Sam got into the spirit of licking the beaters, spoons, and bowls. It was a proud moment for a mom.




Here's the cake...and yes, it is supposed to be red!





Joy's kids did the decorating and it was so fun. I just got out everything I could find and they had a blast being able to do whatever they wanted, and I must say I got into it too. It's fun to go a bit wild.
(Here they are with "We (heart) Seth" on their chests!)



I got Seth a "Donut Bouquet" with coupons on them, one of which included a "get out of jail free card". We had a good laugh about that one.
The night ended with Sam and I being able to go with Seth to his late night hockey game. Grandma M came to stay with sleeping James. Sam really loved having time with Mom and Dad and I must admit it was fun for me too. One is so easy now. Especially at Sam's age.


Sam was way into being Dad's little helper with his hockey gear. It was so cute.




Sam even got it down...when asked what number Dad is he would say, "two five."

3 comments:

  1. very fun! the birthday decor looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea Seth was still playing hockey! As he should though cause he is the best. I used to love watching him play hockey... although he stunk like crazy afterward and always loved giving me a big hug that way. Eww! Anyway, Happy Late B-day Sethy! I am just a year behind you cuz! Oh the joys of getting older huh? I just love seeing the pics with Uncle Bill in them too. I miss that guy. He is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...you really go all out! Good thing Jimmy doesn't read blogs =)

    ReplyDelete