Seth and I got to go through the Temple Open house before the public tour so we kind of forgot about taking the kids through until my sister Joy called and said she was bringing her kids up to go through it. It was the second to last day and I could not believe how quickly it had gone by.
So I threw some "church clothes" on the kids and myself and walked over with her. We didn't have any reservations because they were all gone, and I am ashamed to admit I knew how to cut in line from my shift of volunteering....and thank goodness I knew how because it was PACKED! We ended up ditching the strollers so it would move along more quickly for the kids.
I was so glad I got to walk threw it again with my kids. Sam loved looking around until about half way threw. All my attempts to keep him occupied started to back fire. "Sam who's that?" (as I pointed out the many pictures of Christ) He got to the point where he would just say "Jesus" without even looking! :) And then there was the fact that he wanted to see more "cows" and was disappointed that there weren't anymore.
After we walked through we got to go have some water and cookies, which was according to Mitch (Joy's oldest) the best part. We sure felt like we deserved them after a slow, very crowed tour....and poor Mitch was a great sport and held James almost the whole time for me as I tried to deal with Sam. (Thanks Mitch you were a great lifesaver and gentleman!)
We are so blessed to have a Temple so close to us. I love that the boys can see it from their rooms. I love that I can pass it on my walks and when we drive to and from our house I hear an excited, "Temple!" from the backseat!
No comments:
Post a Comment