I just threw them in Sam not buckled, James only half way buckled, me with on shoes...you get the idea.
Well, with the Temple Open House there have been a lot on cops in the area nabbing people for running/rolling stop signs.
Not thinking, I decided to drive around on some street I hadn't seen lately to see the new construction and homes. I missed a stop sign and got pulled over by a cop on a bike I didn't even see.

OH CRAP! -- was all that went through my mind.
He came up and asked for my license. I told him I didn't have it and that I just got in the car to drive around the neighborhood because me kids were screaming. He looked back at them and said they looked pretty calm. I told him it was because we were in the car.
He looked at me kindly (yes, kindly!) and smiled. He simply said, "You should always have your license with you. Have a good night."
WHAT!? That's it. Wow. I immediately knew in my heart and mind that he was so kind because I strive to live right. What a blessing. I ran a stop sign, looked like a mess, had two kids not buckled in properly and a NICE cop just let it all go.
What a testimony builder of how stupid I can be and how the Lord watches out for us every minute of everyday no matter what it is.
Wow Karen! I can't believe he let you off! You are blessed. I am so glad you and Amyee are hitting it off. You two are cute neighbors. :)
ReplyDeleteHoly long posting!! I did read them all but I will just comment on this one. We loved playing with all of you this week and hopefully we can pull off another sleepover before Ben gets home.
ReplyDeleteYa, what are the chances?
ReplyDeleteWe saw that biker cop and wondered how he even got people to pull over. Tricky stuff. Glad he let you off easy. We all have those days.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute little Family! I can't wait to meet you and your boys soon. I hope Seth has told you a little about me.... his all time favorite cousin. Hehe! Give him a big hug for me. I am so glad you have a blog... I can keep up with you guys and keep in touch. Yeah! By the way, I saw you went to the American Idol concert and I am so gelouse you got to see Adam! I LOVE HIM!!
ReplyDelete