Sunday, August 30, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication


Our Temple was dedicated last week and it was a beautiful experience. It was fun to go with Seth (while Grandma M watched the kids) and enjoy the peace and excitement. It was so memorable as I sat there enjoying the spirit and thinking about how Seth and I used to sit on our front porch the first few months in our new house and look out and say, "someday the temple will be right there."
It has been about 2 1/2 years since then and now we can't believe that the temple is complete. It was fun taking part in the process and now can't wait to take part in the sacred work done there.
We are so blessed and are grateful everyday for the opportunity we have to not only be so close to the House of the Lord, but to have the every day and eternal blessings of his restored gospel in our lives.

I was able to have my Grandma M's handkerchief with me for the dedication and couldn't help wonder how may dedications and temples it had visited with her. It was her temple hanky and I am so grateful to have it now. It reminds me our my ancestors and gives me more desires to learn more about them and make sure their temple blessings have been provided for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment