
After going golfing with Seth so many times, Dad M decided it was time for a Daddy(in-law)-daughter date.
We went to the American Idol Concert and boy was it fun. It was my first concert ever and I loved it. I of course had to get an "Adam Lambert" T-shirt.
Everyone (except for poor Micheal) sound better than they ever did on Idol. I suspect that had something to do with it being live and the whole ombiance.
Here's some pictures of the performances.


Megan (who I did not like during the season) was surprizingly good. They've spent a lot of time on her. Dad M loved her. It was the highlight of his night.

Scott was amazing. During his set he fired off some jokes, highlighting "The Handshake that was seen around the World."

Lil looked amazing and sang Beyonce's, "Single Ladies." It was very entertaining.

Anoop seemed to please the ladies in the row behind us, but I thought he was just okay.

Matt was amazing. Even better than his singing was his piano playing. He was up and down the keyboard like there was no tomorrow.

Alison was great. Just like she was on "Idol". She is a natural.

Alison cam out with a guitar. It was fun to see her cut loose on the stage and rock out.

Danny was okay, his highlight was a little inspirational speach and then singing "My Wish".

And then "he" came out (in more ways than one!) :) When Adam came on he took the whole show over. He had people on their feet scream, dancing, and some crying.

Adam's performance and special effects were by far the best...just to go along with
the singing. Definatly the reason I went and definatly the highlight of my night! He is SOOOO talented!
I wasn't sure how well Kris would do after something like Adam, but he did pretty well. Only a few people started leaving during his set.


Kris kept switching instruments. It was very impressive. He went from acustic guitar to electric to piano back to electic. He even did a little guitar battle with the lead guitarist.
Scott really impressed me. His songs were more up-beat and fun. He was surprisingly one of my favorites.
Scott and Matt did a little piano dueling during their duet. I wish I would have caught more of it, but here's a little tid-bit.
Adam's entrance was very exciting. Everyone was on their feet screaming. My camera ran out of memory so I only got a bit of it, but you get the idea. I had to quickly delete a bunch of pictures so I could take more. Who needed those family memories anyways?! :)
And of course, the highlight of the night: "Mad World". Here's a taste of how great Adam was.
The funniest part of the night was when we thought Danny was done with his set and so everyone got on their feet, stated screaming louder than ever and got their cameras ready. He brought the mic to his mouth and said, "um, I have one more song." It was so funny and sad at the same time. He knew all that excitement wasn't for him!
So over all it was an amazing night where I got to go out and do something just for me. It was a little foreign at first, but I let my hair down and felt the "old Karen" coming out to party and she had a blast....Thanks Dad M.
Today I had a little get together with some friends (My Summer Salad Splash) and it was fun to feel like the envy of the crowd when I told them where I got to be last night. I am usually so envious of others and their fun, exciting lives. It was fun to feel that, but the other way around for once! And yes, I sported my "Adam Lambert" T-shirt ALL day long.
Okay sooo jealous!!! But sooo glad the old Karen got a chance to come out. I love hearing her screaming in the background!
ReplyDeleteWhen Seth told me where you went last night I couldn't wait for your blog post! HOW FUN! Sorry I missed the summer salad luncheon. Hope you saved me some recipes.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds amazing! I went to the season 2 concert and absolutely loved it. I'm so jealous. Especially for all the Adam songs! He is seriously amazing. Thank you thank you for everything yesterday. You're the best.
ReplyDelete