What a fun Easter we had today! The kids woke up to their baskets filled with treats and goodies. We never have to worry about having time for this before church because we get up so early. So it's nice that we have time to just enjoy the moment.
Sam was dying for a science kit of experiments. All week he was asking me if I thought the Easter Bunny would be strong enough to carry one if he was able to find one small enough. Well, it looks like he found just the right one. Sam was so excited and have to do an experiment right away.James was hoping the Easter Bunny would bring him Galaxy Squad Legos because I told him I wouldn't buy them for him. The Tooth Fairy and the Leprechauns had come through so far, so he couldn't wait to see if the Easter Bunny was just as reliable. To say he was ecstatic about it would be an understatement. You would have thought he had just won the lottery for a million dollars!
Chloe got a Frozen play set. She was so cute when she noticed it. Just big eyes, jaw dropped, and complete silence as she admired it with awe. After her wonder and amazement for the castle wore off she was able to dig through her basket and see all the girly things she loves stuffed in there.
Chloe wanted a picture with Bostyn after church since they were wearing their pretty Easter dresses.
Later in the day we headed down to my sister Joy's house for dinner and a family egg hunt. Seth and the boys had fun finish stuffing the over 300 eggs we had. They kept having competitions to see who could stuff the most marshmallow peeps into one egg. I think Mitch won with 5, but only because he rubber banded it closed. I felt sorry for who every found that one!
We had a yummy dinner and a fun egg hunt. While all the adults were hiding the eggs I pulled out my balloons and made some fun things for all the kids. I was a little nervous, hoping I could really do it and remember all I had learned. I was pleasantly surprised with how well I did. I got a request for turtle, which I hadn't learned yet. I guess I have some homework to do! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment