Saturday, April 19, 2014

Dying Eggs

I don't know why things I love, like dying Easter Eggs and Carving Pumpkins, are so hard to get done sometimes.  So when we woke up this morning we got right to it before the day could get away from us.  I wasn't going to miss letting the kids dye and decorate their eggs. 
One of my favorite things about activities like these is to watch and listen to my kids.  I love their reactions to different things like the splash the eggs make when they are dropped in the colors, the magic crayon that you can't see until you've dyed an egg....  I love little minds making little discoveries.
I also love their conversations.  It's very educational to sit back and see what they find to be important and funny.  I love soaking up their lives during times like this so that I make sure as their mom that I know what they like and think about so that I can talk to them about it.  After all, if they know I am into their interests and know what's going on in their lives now, that will still be the case when they are older.




No comments:

Post a Comment