There is a stake in the near-by town that does the most amazing Live Nativity. It is so beautiful and well done. We waited WAY longer than we would have liked (2 1/2 hrs!) but after you've stood in line for so long you don't want to leave because you've already spent so much time....
Thankfully it was a beautiful night and not very cold. We look some good friends of ours and made a night of it.
The kids loved everything about it (except how long it was). From the fire pits throughout the line to the goats, cows, sheep, donkey and camel they got to pet to the time we finally got to see the Nativity it was fun.
It began with Isiah's prophesies.
Then we got to see Mary and Joseph on their journey to Bethlehem.
Next were the Shepards.
We then saw the 3 Wise Men and their camel.
Then it was on to Bethlehem. It is my favorite part. It is a building they construct for this very purpose. You are so secluded and you literally walk into a different world. It's amazing the transformation that you go through.
After walking through the streets of Bethlehem you enter the stable where Mary, Joesph and Baby Jesus are surrounded by the animals. it is beautiful and you really do get the feeling of the sacredness of that night.
I am still so grateful that we went even though it was a rough wait. I am so grateful to all those who put their time and efforts into providing this experience for me, my kids, and so many others. I LOVED being able to take that time to teach my kids, let them see what I was talking about and testify to them of the truth of the event. Definitely a memory that I know will stay with me and one I hope will be filed in my kids' brains.
No comments:
Post a Comment