Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Knight in Shining Armour

People say that your Knight in Shining Armour rides up on a white horse and sweeps you, the princess, off your feet...well he did come, he did sweep me off my feet, but he wasn't on a white horse and I didn't exactly look like a princess!
Last night was another do-zee (just add it to my week-long spree of no sleep due to how sick we have been!).
About 2:30 Chloe woke up. Wow, I thought! I actually got some sleep! I took care of her and went back to bed feeling great...but no. She was still up, so I went back in and tried to get her to sleep. Then James wakes up. So I put dosing Chloe down hoping she would fall asleep...nope. I get James settled and get back to Chloe to hear James up again. So again with the trade off. No cigar! So I tried again and again and again. I couldn't get either of them to calm down.
After, the I don't know how many times, I was headed into Chloe's room when Seth came, calmed me (who now needed help calming down) and took her from me and sent me to bed. He was so sweet. I could hear him walking and calming her over and over again and yes, he had to send me to bed over and over again as I woke up to take her back.
I was so grateful. I was able to take care of James and catch a few more zzz's. I don't like when Seth has to help me at night because I know he was to get up and go to work the next day, but he was so sweet to do it. He, more than ever, was my Knight in Shining Armour last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment