Well, she's here and we are SOOOOOOOO excited about it!
I wasn't due until the 3rd of October, so we weren't totally ready to be heading off to the hospital, but for those of you who know me, not being ready, really was us being pretty ready (does that even make sense?!) :)
Thursday I had a doctor's appointment in the morning and we were going to discuss being induced on Sunday due to some shortness of breath and a racing heart, but for some reason I just didn't feel right about scheduling the appointment. I really wanted the baby to come when it was ready, not when I wanted it to come (and trust me, that was sooner than later!)
So at my appointment my doctor "scraped" me and I didn't feel good at all after that. I went and crashed at my in-laws for a little bit. My back started hurting so bad I thought I must have tweaked it or something.
After a little pampering from my wonderful mother-in-law I headed home to get the boys down for their naps. That was no easy task with my back hurting so bad and then I thought I started to feel some contractions.
Well, I noticed that my contractions were pretty close together so I decided to watch them. (This was at about 2:00 p.m.)
I tried to take a bath to help with the back pain and then realized that maybe I was having back labor! (duh!) I called my mom and she confirmed what I thought but I still didn't want to call Seth yet, I wanted to me sure.
He called a little before 4 and I am glad he did. I thought he could just finish his day out and then we could go to the hospital then. I didn't want to go too soon, my parents were still driving up from California and were still a few hours away.
Well, wise Seth came home right away and we called his parents to let them know and it's a good thing we didn't wait any longer because they had just gotten into the car to leave town!
Needless to say we got to the hospital at about 5 and the nurses yelled at me for waiting so long...and to tell you the truth, I was mad at myself too, the contractions were frequent and strong!
My mom got to the hospital about 20 minutes before the big moment and I was so glad she made it.
Chloe came to us at about 7:30p.m. and it was a very special experience. The doctor was great. He pulled her out in such a way so that I was the first one to see what the gender was.
Overall it was a good delivery, other than having to have 4 different people come in and try multiple times to get an IV in me!!!
Chloe and I are doing great and loving life. I think that we are both glad she's out. She was 8.2 and 21" long, but still very petite and dainty, just as any little princess should be.
She loves her dad and his warmth best. It is one of my favorite things to see her snuggled up in his arms and see him beaming as he holds his little girl.
This was my boys with Grandpa M while everyone else was at the hospital with me. They had the time of their lives playing trains, eating fruit snacks for dinner and then crashing on the couch. And yes, that is a floor mat on James. Hey...whatever works! :)
After a fun night with Grandpa M they got to come the next day to meet their sister. They were very cute. Sam just loves her and loves to give her kisses and tickle her. James is warming up slowly. Very slowly. He is very concerned when she cries, brings her binkies, and loves to send her flying when she is in the swing!
Their visit to the hospital didn't last too long. They soon got bored and started finding interesting ways of entertaining themselves! Boys will be boys, and that's why we love them! :)
After one quick stop...(a dad's gotta get his little girl something!)
We are home now and loving it. It is definitely different having 3. We are trying our best not to feel overwhelmed and give everyone the time they need. I think this is a balancing act we will be working on all of our lives!
oh my goodness she is PERFECT! I may or may not have teared up reading your post.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!! She is beautiful! Chloe is such a cute name. We are so excited for your family! I'm glad you made it to the hospital in time :)
ReplyDeleteKaren, congratulations. I am so happy she is hear healthy and safe. What a darling little girl she is. Can't wait to meet her in person. Isn't it fun to have a little splash of pink???
ReplyDeleteSunny
I knew it! I didn't want to say it too many times, but I wondered if the reason this pregnancy was so difficult is that you were carrying a girl! I can't wait to come and meet her! I want to bring dinner in- I can do Thursday, Friday or Sunday- I want the ward to do their nights before I do, so I will coordinate with Seth. We are thrilled for you guys! Take it easy and let me know if you need anything.
ReplyDeleteJenny
I am SOOOOO excited. Yay. Can't wait to see her. I love the pic of the boys crashed on the couch. With the mat! And I want to know what Seth got for his little girl. So cute.
ReplyDeletecongrats on the newest addition.. I am so behind I had no idea she was here already! Your little family looks very happy and sweet!!! Hope you're feeling well!!! Much love, liz
ReplyDelete