Sunday, May 9, 2010

YEAH ME!!!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. It was a fun and memorable one.
Saturday night I was feeling a little sad because Seth hadn't really talked about it so I just figured nothing special was up. Our neighbor was going to hide a bike he bought for his wife at our house, and that kind of made me sad. I thought, wow, all over men are doing things for their wives, but not at my house.
Then when we went out that night Seth said, "Do you generally like to know when I've got you something, or do you generally like to be surprised?" I was stunned. I told him it's nice to know that he's done something for me....and I felt like a pouty little girl! I can't believe I was so dumb to be sad inside and not think that my sweet husband wouldn't do something for me.
So Sunday morning he got up with the boys, like he usually does, and let me sleep in a bit. Well, as most of you who know me well, I did not sleep in long, knowing there was a surprise for me! :) I went downstairs to the cutest, "Happy Mother's Day" from Sam. It's the first time I've had my child say it to me. It really was precious. I will remember that little voice forever.
On the kitchen counter was an animated, talking Mr. Potato Head from Toy Story for me. He was very cute. I was excited. I love my Mr. Potato Heads and loved him. Sweet Seth had found him and of course thought of me.
I thought, wow, that was sweet. So, the morning continued and I took it slow. Then Seth said, "I wish we could read our scriptures together." I thought, wow, I just got up, give me a minute, at least let me eat....
So I started eating, James of course took my breakfast over, then Sam wanted to eat something different and then Seth placed his order...it was getting a little crazy and I was still hungry. Then as I am making Seth breakfast he again says, "Let's read scriptures." I'll admit I started to be really annoyed, and I let him know it. He then said, "you know, Karen, sometimes I say things, but it's not what I really mean."
It took me a second, but I got it. I said a big, "oh, do you mean there's something in there?" (we read our scriptures in our front room) I ran in there and saw the most amazing thing....new Mr. Potato Heads! :) They just came out with a new Buzz Lightyear and Woody for the new Toy Story 3 movie coming out. And he found a new princess I didn't have all the pieces too. I was so excited. It was fun to run around the front room and the dining room finding them and having Sam and James right with me loving that I got new toys. Sam said, "wow, it's so cool!"
Yes, son, your mother is so cool! :)


We then had a great day at church and then a fun dinner with Seth's parents.
It was a wonderful mother's day. I am glad I get to celebrate it now. My children are really the best part of me and I am so grateful for them!

2 comments:

  1. SUPER COOL! I love "tatoe heads" too! This was the first year that Jordyn said "happy mother's day" to me too and it was pretty dang awesome. Glad you had such a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute. And cute seth, good job in the husband arena. Who hid a bike? And I can just hear Sammy's voice. He is stinking cute. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete