It's on! Sam is definitely a hockey player now. He has been going to "Mini-Mights" for a month now and we have seen great improvements! He is so cute out there on the huge sheet of ice buried in massive gear that we had to find special because he is just so tiny. But he loves every minute of it. He is still a little scared when left on his own, but his confidence is growing each time.
It's fun to see Seth interact with him. Seth coaches Sam on the ice while Seth's Dad coaches Seth from the bench. It's fun to watch. From Skating fast with Dad to spinning on his back, to ice angels, to head butts, Sam is getting the whole experience. He is slowly moving those little feet and learning how to hold his stick and hit the puck. Even if he falls he still reaches out to get that puck.
One of the cutest things about the other night was when Sam started to really check out the puck. He picked it up, turned it over, and even tried to bite it. He was a little shocked when he couldn't (due to his helmet).
Sam lets us know when he is done by letting us know it's time to go to McDonald's. Every week after hockey he knows he gets to go to McDonald's, eat chicken nuggets, and go play.
Here's Sam skating, a spin, and ice angel...
Amazing stick handling already...
He'll be in the Olympics before we know it! He'd better skate for Team Canada if he wants gold though.
ReplyDeleteTOO CUTE!!
ReplyDeleteHey Miller Fam,
ReplyDeleteI have to admit, that is so awesome! And yes, I do get a little sentimental about seeing "my" baby brother passing on a love of a sport that I grew up watching him play...such a good Dad! Maybe Sam can be the "next" #25 :)...Love you guys!
I love the puck shot. He is too cute.
ReplyDeleteOh I just love it! He looks so stinking cute! He is going to play Hockey just like his Daddy. I always loved it when I could watch Seth play. He was the best... although he may say otherwise.
ReplyDelete