Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year - New Heights

Seth and I sat down and listed things we wanted to improve on this year. I was especially excited about this because last year was the first year that I actually made one of my goals all the way through the year. It was a great feeling.
I wanted to document our goals better this year because it seems like we always just "talk" about them and forget what they actually were.
We broke them down into the different aspects of our life. I think this will really help us be realistic and better rounded.

Physical
Workout/walk 2-3 times (or more) weekly
Cut out sugars and desserts
Eat out only once a week

Emotional
Date night with spouse twice a month or more
Family dinners at table
Planned weekly family activity
Have someone over for dinner at least twice a month

Spiritual
Read and study Sam’s Primary lesson each week
Kneel for prayers
Family night every Monday night

Financial
Stay within my monthly budget, do not go over
Only spend my money after the 1st of the next month

Wish us luck. We know we will be blessed as we strive to meet these goals. They came with a lot of prayer so we know they are right for us.

2 comments:

  1. You can have us over for dinner anytime. Ha! Ha! You're goals are great. Good luck with cutting out dessert. I'm not brave enough to do that. AND good luck with only eating out once a week. That is such a hard one for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin your goals! You'll do great this year!

    ReplyDelete