Monday, November 25, 2013

Human Pin Cushion

Today began the first of many procedures that I will be going through.  I have been suffering with some pretty sever back pain for quite some time, and it was finally time to do something about it.  We were going to wait until Seth was done with school, but I think it was time to stop procrastinating and just get working on it.
I have to admit I was pretty nervous.  I went through a lot of things when I was in college to try and figure out why my back was hurting me so badly.  But all of it was for naught, so trying it again made me nervous.  I didn't want to go to all these doctors, try all these things, go through these procedures and spend all this money if there would be no result. 
So it is no understatement that it took a lot of faith and courage for me to go down this road again. 
It started with a new MRI.  We discovered I have two discs (L4, L5) that are disintegrating, torn and protruding and another (S3) that is protruding.  It was a comfort and a discomfort to hear that.  Glad it wasn't all in my head, terrified that I was so injured. 
Even though my discs are pretty hammered, it isn't usually the cause of the sever  pain, so on to the procedures.  I went in for my first one (L4, L5 area) and we'll see if it helps.  I am praying it does so that I don't have to keep going back and trying new areas to see if it works.  It really is just a guessing game...but I guess patients, right?!  I know we'll find something.

No comments:

Post a Comment