Sunday, October 30, 2011

Adios Padres


Well, the day finally came. My parents are gone! They accepted a call to serve 3 years in Madrid, Spain as the Temple President and Matron. I am glad for their example, worthiness, and willingness to go, but I will miss them.
My dad was a mission president in Barcelona and I was able to live there with them for 3 years, so they are no strangers to the country or culture. It is especially fun for me that they are going to Madrid now, since that is where I served my mission there (as well as did my brother, Mark) and even lived 9 months just a block away from the Temple block. I like that I had a very clear visualization of where they are, where they will shop, what metro they will use...It helps me feel like they are not so far away.
So, we had a little going away party for them...the traditional family meal of pizza and root beer floats. It seemed that it the meal we always would have when someone left or returned from a mission...so we ate it a lot! :)
We had to go back to the Halloween train so everyone could experience it. It was even more impressive at night.
I know that they will do a lot of good, learn a lot, and make many lasting relationships.




Nate flew in for the party and surprised us all. We sure to miss him. As you can see he is a fun burst of energy. We let him use our car so he could drive to the airport to help see Mom and Dad off and this is how we found it when we came home from church. Silly Nate! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment