I started this year with Sam and James with pre-k. I wanted to make sure that I had everything set up and organized and a routine set in stone for next year when kindergarten begins.
I love teaching. I have known since a very young age that I wanted to be a teacher. I have been blessed with so many amazing teaching opportunities in my life. When doing a career study in high school (when I was in Spain) I was able to help teach a 1st grade class and then a 7th grade English class for a week. That sealed the deal.
At BYU I was able to work in so many schools. My last year there I decided to make my elementary education degree in an urban emphasis and worked in North Salt Lake. From there I was able to go to Samoa for a summer and teach 2nd grade where I was able to help train the teachers there who are not able to get off the island for training.
After a mission to Spain I was able to come back to Utah and teach 3 years in Rose Park (North Salt Lake). I taught 1 year of bilingual and 2 of dual immersion (Spanish). I loved every minute and am so grateful for all that I learned. I had an amazing mentor who taught me so much and I am so grateful that I had the "all in" attitude and saved everything I did.
I have loved getting ready to teach my own children. I take education very seriously and I am very dedicated to my kids. I have found that as I have been planning, and now doing, this with my kids that I am spending so much more quality time with them and I feel that our relationships are growing deeper.
This week was our first day and the boys loved it. They loved going down stairs to school. We learned so much and I was so proud that when they were asked by their Dad what they learned, they were able to repeat and recount everything. Even when we had some people over, James wanted to show them his school and what he had learned.
I am so excited for all that we will experience together. I know that it won't be easy, and that there will be some difficult times, but I can think of NOTHING better than having the opportunity, the time, the skills, the resources, and the desire to teach my own children. There is NOTHING I would rather be doing!
Your school is so cute! Your kids are fortunate to have such a great mommy!
ReplyDelete