There is one bonus to the fact that I have to get us with a baby around 5 a.m. and that is that if I want to get anything done before everyone wakes up I can. And today that something I wanted to get done was a proper dad's day for my favorite dad.
I got up with all the kids and told them that we were having a surprise for Dad. Sam said we should hide and yell surprise when Dad came down the stairs. So we sent James up to wake him up with strict instructions to just say, "come downstairs."
Well, come to find out he said, "Happy Father's Day. Can I have a donut?" Cute, I know. If anyone knows us well, they know that we LOVE Dunford Donuts. So I paid a secret visit to their bakery and picked up our favorites for our favorite Dad.
So Seth, with a inside tip, knew what was up. He came downstairs and we all jumped up and yelled surprise. It was a lot of fun. We quickly dug into the donut tower and presents.
Seth finally got all the proper tools to go along with our new grill we inherited. He is an amazing griller and now he can even take his skills to the next level with his new "toys".
We had a nice relaxing day of church and then a family nap. After a great nap we headed down to Joy's for a dinner for my dad. It was fun to just hang out, eat great food, and have some laughs.
I am so grateful that I was raised by such an amazing Dad who diligently worked to provide for my temporal and spiritual needs. He was a constant example of all that is good....
And to top it all off, I am glad that I am married to someone who is just as diligent and hard working, who loves me and my kids so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment