Saturday, October 23, 2010

Witch Hunt



After hearing about how fun it is to go to Gardner Village and see all the witches, we finally did it this year....and it lived up to all it's expectations...and more!
The witches were EVERYWHERE. From the moment you drive in you have fun witches to see. They aren't just standing around either. They are doing the funnest things. The boys (and I) loved it.
We went with Seth's sister, Jaime, and her girls. The boys loved having their cousins with them and it was fun for me to spend some time with Jaime.

Here are some shots of our favorite witches. It was really hard to pick favorites since they were all so cute...or ugly....you decide! :)









It was a really rainy day (I loved it, except for the fact that I wanted to be outside with my kids). I had already told the boys that we were going to see the witches and they were very excited. Even though it was pouring outside I decided to pack up the kids with a prayer in my heart that Heavenly Father would let it stop raining for even just 10 minutes for a mom who needed an outing with her kids. Well, my prayers were answered and I was so grateful. About 5 minutes after we got there it stopped raining and we had a clear, and dry, outing. I am so grateful for little experiences like this that seem so small and unimportant, yet so huge and faith-building at that same time. As we were walking around enjoying the witches we were finding I just kept thinking in my mind and heart how grateful I was for answered prayers!

2 comments:

  1. How fun!!!! What a fun Halloween thing. I am glad your prayers were answered too! Love the little blessings. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun day. Nothing better than being outside with kids and having them love the activity. Such cute kids.

    ReplyDelete