Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween! Happy Halloween! (again)

Halloween here in Utah, if on a Sunday, if celebrated on Saturday. I love that. I think it's great that we avoid celebrating it on Sunday so that we can try to keep that day a special and holy day.
We always have my family over for Halloween. We have the best dinner of soups and pumpkin bread bowls. Then we keep water warm in the crock pot for hot chocolate, and we head out for trick-or-treating.






We have a great neighborhood for trick-or-treating because we know so many people, and because the homes are so close together that the kids love how much ground they can cover! :)
This year was especially fun because my parents were able to spend Halloween with us for the first time. It was an especially good treat because my parents are always so helpful and the house was cleaned up for us!
It was a rainy and cold Halloween, so the boys didn't last long, but they still had a lot of fun. I enjoy taking them and was a little sad when they wanted to go home, but I had to get back to take care of Chloe, so I got over it.

Seth always takes the older cousins out again after the families have gone together and the younger kids are worn out. They LOVE this. They talk about it all year long. The legend of Seth gets bigger and better each year! :) He runs they to all the "good houses", you know, the ones that give out the biggest and bestest candy. they stay our late and have good times. I married such a great guy! It's things like this that I just love about him!

We did save the carving of our pumpkins until Sunday...because we forgot beforehand! :) This was the first year we carved pumpkins with them and it was really fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment