Monday, May 4, 2009

The Real Life of Karen the Housewife

What a vicious, yet interesting cycle my life spins in. I usually would characterize myself as a "go-getter", the one who takes matters into her own hands and will not be beat. I found this picture on-line and thought it summed me up pretty well.


I was made for this housewife life. I love it. I love juggling the kids, the food, the cleaning...that is until it starts fighting back.
Every once in a while it seems as if my house rises to the challenge of trying to best me. I don't know how, or why, or even where the messes come from, but they always find their way in, and not just slowly. Ca-boom! It's like a time bomb goes off and everything I own is out, scattered, covered in dust, and spotted.
Today was one of those days...

This was me in the morning when I realized what had become of my house. But it was okay, I had all day, and lots of energy.



This was me about half way through the day. I can still do this...



And this is how it ended...


I must note that even though the battle was unfair and that I was definately out numberd by messes, toys, towels, etc. that I won! I found the carpet, the shiny furniture, the sinks, and best of all...the bed!

To all of you going through this same cycle be reassured. We all have these days, we all find a way through, and we all wake up to it again, and again, and again. Don't you just love your life? You should...because I sure do!

3 comments:

  1. Those pictures pretty much sum it up. Good job Karen! Can we come over and enjoy YOUR clean house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Can I come and play in your clean house? WE can find any of our toys right now they're in the "mess"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I do love being a mom but as for the housewife....I am willing to pay money. But for now I am grateful to be home and raise my kiddos. Three cheers for a clean house.

    ReplyDelete