Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Getting Ready for Valentine's Day

 I've been having a great time getting ready for Valentine's Day this week.  Especially since I have been feeling so good (back-wise) lately.  I get to do Sam's class Valentine's party.  I have been making some really fun games to go with the ones I put together last year.  Among the fun new games are Popsicle stick and dental floss bows with q-tip arrows, Valentine's Charades and Plinko.  I was really impressed with how it turned out.  Sometimes, well, most times, my crazy visions in my head don't quite turn out how I envisioned them, but this is one of those times it did.  I tried the game out on my kids and they played it for hours, so it's safe to say that all that work paid off. 
Sam wanted to make a Valentine's box this year.  I avoided the subject last year and just sent him with a bag which he didn't seem to mind, so I was hoping that would fly again, but a guess it's a bigger deal that I thought.
We looked online together and he liked the idea of a dragon/dinosaur so we came up with something in between.  It was fun to do it and I know he is very proud of it and can't wait to take it to school, so that in itself makes it worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment