Friday, March 8, 2013

A Visit to the Past

We had a fun and unexpected day today.  It started off by a fun visit to my sister-in-law, Cindy's house.  The kids love going there and seeing their cousins and their pets.  They have the cutest bunny who is so sweet.
Then Seth called and invited us down to lunch.  We had a great time going out together.  It was especially sweet because we have been stuck at home so long being sick. 
On the way home I felt like I should go visit the old school where I taught and say hi to my old colleagues.  So off we went to North Salt Lake.
It was so fun to take my kids to my old stomping grounds and talk to them about the days when I was a teacher before they were born.  They had a great time seeing all the classrooms (especially my old one) and meeting my friends and playing on the playground.  I was especially excited that I got to see my good friend Margaret.  She was my best friend there and my mentor.  She and I had such good times teaching together for those 3 years and she taught me so much. 
While there I learned from her that she had had an especially hard week and a had had very bad experience.  She said my stopping by lifted her spirits and made her week.  I was so glad that I had followed the feeling I had had to go see her.






No comments:

Post a Comment