Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Fourth of July Visit

We had so much fun having my brother's family stay with us this last week.  Their kids are the same age as ours, just opposite genders.  They were all good buds and had fun playing with each other.  This is a much improvement from the time years ago when we were both visiting my parents and Sam had nightmares where he would wake up yelling, "No Lucy, No!" :)
We had a good time laughing at my family.  They come over and think our house is freezing in the summer because we actually keep our house cool! :)  I just had to get a shot of them all cuddled up trying to "stay warm."
While they were here we went to the mall and I just loved how they paired off and held hands while walking the mall.  It was so cute.
We got to have them come to our ward 4th of July breakfast before they took off.  It was fun and the food was amazing.  Amy and I couldn't get over the french toast.  It was seriously the best french toast I have ever had in my life and I was seriously almost angry that I couldn't eat as much as I wanted!

We hung out on the 4th and had a fun time letting the kids play in the alley.  We had to get out early before it got to hot.  This summer has been brutal.  It was been so hot.
We were laughing because Lucy came up with a game for Nate and I to play.  We would shot baskets and she would make up all kinds of reasons why her dad would get a point for his shot (whether he made it or not) and why I wouldn't (whether I made it or not).  We were busting up at her reasoning.  It was getting more and more creative as she was desperately trying to get her dad to win.
 

We said good-bye to them that afternoon and we had a quiet 4th of July.  We didn't get together with anyone or even see the fireworks.  We have been so busy and had so much family that we just took it easy and recouped.  It was nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment