For the second year now we have had my "family reunion" here. Not all of my family is able to come due to distance, schedules, and because it comes down to the simple fact that there are just so many of us to get together.
We wanted to make this reunion a little more special since my parents are off to Madrid, Spain to be the Temple President and Matron in the fall.
The fun started Friday night at BYU. We went to the Cougar Eat (there's not much open in the summer!) for dinner and then down to the bowling lanes for a game. It was so fun. Seth and I LOVE to bowl. We used to go bowling all the time when we were dating and first married, but kids change things.
I must admit that it was fun to get out our bowling bags, shoes, and balls. Delores (my ball) had been missing me. I of course had to talk her up all through dinner and everyone was excited to see her. So what did I do, I fell on my first throw. My nephew Braden, who I had told would see things he'd never seen before said, "you're right Karen, I've never seen that before!" Leave it to me! :)
This was the first time we had taken the boys. They LOVED it too. Of course it helped that there were prizes at the end...Sam and James won bowling sets, Seth got highest score, and I got most entertaining for a somersault bowl...I had to make up for my fall somehow! :)
Saturday we headed down for a family dinner and hanging out. The kids had a blast playing with their cousins and running free.
Sunday was Presley's blessing in my parent's ward. It was nice to be all together for church. After, we all headed over to Joy's to snap a picture (minus 18 of us), and I must say, it turned out great even with all the complaining and the heat. Chloe got way into the air conditioner when we got back in the car to head to my parents where we ate more great food.
Monday we had a great 4th. We decided to skip the shooting and pool that was planned for earlier in the day and go to Village Inn for a big breakfast. We usually go to our ward breakfast, but our kids have been so tired that they slept through it.
I cooked all day since it was my turn to be co-host of the food with Joy and Cindy. I must say that we put on a good spread!
We finished off the night at Jon's for fireworks galore, thanks mainly to Matt.
We had a great time, but we sure were so thankful when Tuesday rolled around and we had nothing to do! :)
Your family is so humongous!!!! And, what? Your dad is going to be the Temple president in Spain? When? For how long? I need details. Hope you're doing great! Love ya!
ReplyDelete