Sunday, July 17, 2011

Family Game Night


Last week we decided to start a new family tradition: Family Game Night. I am so glad we did. I am loving it. Granted, last week was a little rough, but we kept at it and this week was SOOOO much fun. I know it's just going to get better and better.
Every Sunday night/evening we get in our jammies, get out a game and play together. This has been good for the boys to learn how to play games, how to follow rules, to count, wait their turn...and most importantly, it is a planned family time when we know we are going to be together, doing some thing together. I love having set times to make sure that we sit down together, where it's just us, and just have fun.
My favorite game growing up was a game called "Splat." I still love it and even have made some neighbors play it with us, and yes, this has gotten me some weird looks. Well, I have found Splat times 10. It is a Mr. Potato Head (bingo right there!) game with play-doh. You make your opponents into fires, chips and more. The boys were right on the same page on this one with me. They just couldn't wait for a chance to squish someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment