We LOVE holidays and this is the first year that I have really gotten in to St. Patrick's Day. I have even roped a few of my friends and neighbors into it more and I love it! :)
When Seth woke up in the morning I, still in bed, said weakly, "hey come here." He came and I pinched him and giggled (totally wide awake), "you don't have any green on!" I know, I know, I'm such a dork. I had been waiting to do that all night. Ever since I had put on my comfy green t-shirt to sleep in the night before! hee hee hee :)
We had a fun time with the kids. They were left a Leprechaun gold trail to wake up to that lead them to some cute festive shirts and a green breakfast of green pancakes, green butter, and green juice.
We had some of their friends (Parker, Macie, and Johnny) over for a fun holiday lunch. They munched on green mac 'n cheese and rainbow jell-o. They finished it off with over the rainbow pot of gold cupcakes and chocolate covered mint oreo pops.
Dinner was green enchiladas, green beans, and more rainbow jell-o.
It was so fun to have such a fun time with the menu and talk to the boys about gold, green treats, leprechauns, and getting pinched all day. I hope that these fun times will be great memories for them to store for the rest of their lives! My mom was fun like this and I love thinking about all the things she did with us.
How fun it is to be a MOM...sometimes !!Love the Holidays
ReplyDelete