Since Seth always just buys whatever it is that he wants, he is a tough one to surprise, let alone shop for. So I thought it would be a cute idea to finally frame our Star Wars pictures from Disney World and give those to him. (Every time we go to Disney World we take a shot of our faces in a Star Wars theme) So I went and got some nice frames, put the pictures in, and wrapped them up.
Well, when Seth opened his present he said, "really?" (He didn't get that I was trying to frame them for him so that we could display them.) Then he asked, "how much did this cost me?" I of course, being pregnant and emotional try to hold back the tears as I realized that my idea backfired.
Well, I had to go upstairs to "collect" myself. Seth went upstairs later, saw the new bedspread I had picked up (which is blue-his FAVORITE color) and said, "now THAT'S a birthday present!"
That figures! :) We had a good laugh about it. Needless to say, I will probably still try to surprise him, and it will still probably backfire every time, but hey, we've got a good streak going, why blow it now?! :)
Too funny. Reminds me of the time Joy bought me a decorative Christmas sleigh for my birthday because we passed it in Costco and I mentioned that I really like it. But for a birthday?
ReplyDelete