Monday, August 16, 2010

#2


Seth got a fun surprise this last week. Sister Atkins, one of his converts from his mission, was out visiting and we got to spend some time with her. She is a HOOT! Talk about a true southerner at heart. She has the thickest, richest accent and great sayings and phrases! She calls Seth "Shoog" (short for sugar). It is the best. We love to keep the messages she leaves him just to listen to her talk.
She calls Seth "#2". His companion he was with when he found her is "#1". I think she loves Seth the most and just loves to rub it in, it is fun to watch!
There are always those few people who really define your mission and Sister Atkins is that for Seth. It was fun to see her after all these years and see where and who she has become.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome. I wish that e-mail had existed when I was serving my mission. I've lost contact with everyone and wish I had been more pro-active in trying to stay in touch. So much has changed . . . now they are encouraged to do so when we were not.

    ReplyDelete