I have been up to my ears in Primary things lately. Our stake is definitely one that goes above and beyond when it comes to activities and things. I have been on our stake Primary board (yes we have one) since last September/October. It was been very busy and I have learned a lot. Even though I am the Music Coordinator I am still involved in it all.
These last few weeks I have had a 2 and a half hour meeting every week. I had to run the stake baptisms 2 weeks ago (we had 3 sessions where 13 children got baptized), ward visits, ward trainings, and this last Saturday we had our big Activity Day activity, Brigham's Activity, for which I had to meet with the leaders who would be helping me with my workshop, train them, and then collect lace and ribbon donations for the workshop. We met together for a temple session, talked and planned some more...Oh, and did I mention I had to make 200 goody bags for all the girls and their leaders?! (Thankfully I have a great family that helped a ton!)
The Activity went well, long, but well. My workshop was to teach the girls how to make Hankie (rag) dolls like the pioneers would have made. We ended up not being able to teach them any basic sewing skills because I was shocked to realize that out of the 100 girls who were there only about 5 (if that) who knew how to thread a needle and make a stitch. We made some quick adjustments and were still able to send the girls home with a cute hankie doll that they felt like they "sewed".
Yes. I am tired! I didn't have to have a meeting this week and I am so grateful because I feel like a walking zombie.
I love this picture of James just laying on the back patio step because I think it sums up really well how I feel.
I am not complaining by any means. I am just glad to not be "busy". My poor kids have had to see me running out the door and leaving them with babysitters or dad so that I could get everything done. I AM grateful for this calling in the fact that I really have learned how the church would like the Primary organization to run. I have learned a lot about how to work with people as well and hope that I have learned how to communicate better and support all those around me, especially when I see so many people trying to do their best in all they do. And most importantly...I have learned to SIMPLIFY! Yes, Karen is learning to simplify...who knew you could!:)
We have another scouting day coming up in August, Brigham's Camp. I will be running the Silhouette Workshop where the boys will learn how to draw their silhouette and do indexing by getting on to the family search website. I will also have to help with the stake baptisms that month too....
So here's to a fun and relaxing July full of LOTS of family fun.
Okay let's remember the wonderful sisters and nieces who helped with those 200 baggies :-)
ReplyDeleteWe missed the activity. Any goodie bags left for K?
ReplyDeleteCrazy crazy! With the Primary activities/meetings etc... I'm glad it's slowing down for you.
ReplyDeleteAnd James is so cute! I love the shots...
Joy's right! I didn't even get a pillow to sit on while we made them!!!! :) haha. I had it easy. I'm SO excited for this weekend!!!
ReplyDelete