We had such a fun day planning and having James' first birthday. I think the best part about it was how Sam "got it" and knew we were going to have a party! He was very much into the decorations, presents, and especially the cake.
These are the fun invitations we sent out to the family. I just love how they turned out.
Here's the over-all look of the party. We had UNO cards hanging from the ceiling. I loved the look that it was so hard to finally take them down today.
I love the center piece. It was kind of a last minute thing because I wanted to use as many cards as I could, but it turned out pretty cute.
The napkin holders are toilet paper rolls cut up, painted with a card glued on. It worked really well, was a nice little touch, and didn't cost anything.
I made this shirt for James using my cricut, fabric paint, and freezer paper. I was SO pleased with it. It was so cute. He will defiantely be getting a lot of mileage out of it this year!
There are my "UNO cards" cupcakes. They were fun to do and for some reason cupcakes always taste a little better than just plain old cake!
And here's the big guy enjoying his first birthday cake. It was so cute how he didn't even bother picking it up at first! It was just lean over and dive in!
I can't believe that James is 1! I know he's been huge for a really long time and has been wearing 2-T's for months now, but at least me was still my baby! I guess I should have seen this coming with the walking, how he learned to tease his brother, the climbing of the couch, the animal sounds, the words....it's such an amazing processes, and fun to watch, but it just passes in a blink of an eye.
We had an "UNO" party for James. It was a fun theme, and the whole party cost me less than $10. It's amazing how far one deck of cards can go! We had my brother and his family over for the little party, dinner, and family night. We started with the presents and cake because our cute little birthday boy had to get to bed (After a hard day of playing, shopping with mom, and a McDonald's lunch he was tired).
Here's some shots of the fun!
And here's a video of sweet James' raising to new heights...
Here are some of my new favorite shots of the boys. Sam was giving James some "Loves". So adorable!
Okay I know that we couldn't make it and that I told you that before hand...but where is my cute invitation? Very cute party idea...but from you I don't expect any different. Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteHOw fun! That's such a fun idea. He looks like he enjoyed his wild cupcake. Our pumpkins turned out cute today! I'll take pictures soon.
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute idea! You are one crafty women.
ReplyDeleteIt all turned out so cute! I love the centerpiece. And the cupcakes were delicious by the way. P.s. this is aymee
ReplyDeleteLove the idea! Everything looked great! Your boys are so cute. Happy Birthday James!
ReplyDelete