Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor Day Weekend...NO Labor Allowed!

We headed up to Bear Lake for a long Labor Day Weekend and loved every minute of it. It was one of our most enjoyable weekends up there. Seth got to relax (not as much as he would have liked, he was still a little sick), play his games, watch Lord of the Rings....I got to craft and sleep in, Sam and James got to play, watch shows, swing, go the the park, swing, go on walks, swing, go on 4-wheeler rides, swing, and go on their first boat ride....and Grandpa M got to provide all the fun, food, and entertainment. (yep, that sounds about right!) :)
It was a blast. The boys loved the boat....well, that is after they got all bundled up in sweatshirts, socks, blankies, and mom....oh, and let's not forget the tools they found in the glove box! What a life saver! We always teased Seth's dad about the old blue boat that just sat in the garage up there telling him he needed to ditch it. Well, I take it back. It was so fun to just "go boating" as they say here in Utah. The cute little boat tried it's hardest and it was just enough for our little family.


Here's about what I looked like the entire time...covered with children...as usual!

Here's what Seth looked like about the entire time...

And of course, no trip is a trip without a little Seth humor...

I love this shot of Grandpa M and James...

It was a fairly cool weenend which was nice....a lot less people there...just the way we like it. We got to see lots of deer. Here they are on the lawn right outside our porch. It's so fun to see.




Sam and Grandpa M got to see deer one night on the 4-wheeler and a water snake on one of their day trips. Sam thought that was just about the coolest thing ever.







We found a new fun game on my laptop. "Spider Solitare." Don't play. It's so additing. I had to take a picture of when I won because it's only happened once!



And here's some more fun shots from a great weekend of just pure family fun....



3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had lots of fun. I'm super jealous! I could really go for a vacation right about now. Oh, and you look like me with all those kids and Jason looks A LOT like Seth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous! You guys have the most fun! When are you going to take us? We need to get the families together. You home this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love northern Utah! Looks like a good time.

    ReplyDelete