Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Garden Party

My current calling is in Relief Society.  I am on the activity committee.  It's an easy calling in some ways and a really difficult one in others.  I have been learning so much.  I'm not great at working with adults.  Anyone who knows me knows I would prefer to hang out with the kids any day.  It's easier for my to deal with kids because if they make a mistake, it's okay, they are learning.  They usually also fess up to it.  Adults...not so much!  :)  So learning to work with, depend, and rely on other women when planning an activity is a challenge for me.
We put on a "garden party" for the Relief Society activity.  It turned out beautifully.  (That's the easy part of my calling).  I love parties and decorations and seeing what can become of an ordinary church gym!  I wish more people would have come with all the work we put into it, but for us who were there we had a lovely evening.  It was beautiful, tasty, and uplifting. 



No comments:

Post a Comment