Yes, we're crazy. But good crazy. (I think) We have decided it was time for Sam to have his own room. This couldn't just be a simple move. Not with me in charge. Of course it meant moving every one's rooms, changing it up, redecorating, cleaning out...
The kids were all very excited to get new rooms. James was a little reluctant about it. He loves sharing a room with Sam. I think he is a bit nervous to sleep alone. He can't ever remember having his own room as a baby.
So the boys went from a shared car themed room to separate rooms.
James chose a dinosaur theme and moved into Chloe's old room. Yellow is his favorite color, so that made things easy. Just move him in and put his stuff up.
And Sam chose a Lego theme (to match his Lego Play Room) and moved to the room at the bottom of the basement stairs. I was pretty nervous to have him move all the way downstairs, but he is so independent and excited about it that I found that that nervousness went away quickly. I think it helps that we are usually down there watching TV until he is asleep anyway.
Sam was patient as it took about a week to clean out his new closet of all the stuff I have filled it with, paint his furniture, paint his walls, make his Lego accessories and build his new bookshelves. His room definitely took the most work, but I think it turned out to be a perfect room for him.
The best part of Sam's new room is what he said when we told him about it. He said, "now I can wake up and get right to my Legos". The Lego Room is in the basement too, so his world just got much better.
Chloe moved her room to the boy's old room. She is still trying to convince me to paint it pink. I think we'll have to talk about that a little more. I cant even think about another project yet. So poor Chloe, besides getting the biggest room, hasn't had much change.
So just a little more to do in Chloe's new room, and try to unbury the mess of combining the School Room and my Craft Room and we'll be set. Maybe by next year we'll have that done! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment