Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Greatest Show on Earth (or so they say)

We had fun going to the circus with Seth's sister and her family.  I have such magical memories of seeing the circus when I was  a little girl, and so I have been dying to relive that and give those same memories to my children. 
After holding hands and skipping in...
We settled down with our cotton candy to see the show.
 James was excited about the circus hat that came with the cotton candy.  That boy and his hats!
 Chloe was literally on edge as the lights went down and the show began.
 It was a pretty good show.  I have to admit that I think the circus is to "modern" now, but I guess they really can't help it.  I guess that have to keep up with the times.  We thought all the parts with the animals were they best. 
Unicycle basketball.
The dogs were by far our favorite.  They were amazing and talented.
 The tigers were impressive by their sheer number alone...then they did their tricks.  Crazy!
 The elephants and the finale were the best.  So much happening all at once.

Over all we had a fun experience, but I do really wish that the old fashioned circus could have survived all these years so that my kids could have been like I was.  The little girl again who saw all the magic of a dirt three-ringed circus.

No comments:

Post a Comment