It was so fun to go to Sam's Kindergarten Program this morning. I love that I get to do things like this now. I can't believe how fast my little ones are growing up. Sniff, Sniff. I was so proud of Sam. He wanted to look his best so he dressed to the "T" and was looking good.
They sang a lot of songs with cute, simple choreography. I loved every minute of it, especially since this happened to be one of the few times I have actually seen Sam sing. He's not a huge fan.
Sam also wanted a picture with Mylee. Mylee is Sam's first crush.
So it all started a long time ago in a land called the Playground... ;) Mylee was always coming up to Sam and saying, "Hi Sam. I like your backpack" and things like that. It was so funny to watch. He would get all embarrassed and say, "ahh" or "ugg". It was so funny to watch. Well, this last Wednesday when he got in the car declared:
Sam: "Mom, I know who I'm going to marry."
Mom: "Oh, were you guys teasing about marriage on the playground today?"
Sam: "No, Mom, I'm serious."
Mom: "Oh, well, who are you going to marry then?"
Sam: "Mylee."
Mom: "Oh, did you ask her?
Sam: "Yes."
Mom: "What did she say?"
Sam: "I think she said yes."
Mom: "Well, where are you guys going to live?"
Sam: "I don't know. What state will we live in?"
Mom: "Well, that depends on where you get a job."
Sam: "I'm just going to be a Dad."
Mom: "Well you have to have a job too. Just like your Dad."
Sam: "Maybe we'll live next door and I'll cook food at McDonald's."
It was the funniest conversation ever. I love how sure of himself he was and how he had it all figured out.
Later that night he asked me how to spell "marry". I told him and he soon presented me with his pride and joy. A beautiful proposal he had written for Mylee. He was so proud.
A last shot of Sam before heading out for the year (well almost, just Field Day left)! Love my little smarty pants.
No comments:
Post a Comment