After our workout I brought the girls home with me and we had a great afternoon. We rode bikes in the alley and I introduced my kids to silly string. They loved it. I had it ready for when the were riding by and I got them good! Poor Sam ate it hard core as he was so surprised, but I have to admit, it was pretty funny! :)
I then got cans out for all of them and they had fun chasing each other around and getting covered.
...periodically nailed them with a "rainstorm." They would shriek and giggle and yell for me to stop...and when I would then they would shout for more!
We then dried off and had fun drawing on the tramp. Megan showed them that they could draw on the bottom too. They thought that was funny and had a good time trying to create upside down masterpieces.
Josh and Ethan came up later for dinner and we all settled down to "America's Funniest Home Videos". This is Sam's new favorite show. We had a great time laughing at other and hanging out together.
The next morning we were "up and at 'em." We wasted no time getting outside and enjoying the nice morning. Everyone had a bike, or vehicle of some sort and had fun making laps around the block. Josh made a "train" that was enjoyed by almost all. After a lap, Chloe was done with that thing and couldn't wait to get out.
Sam and James on the other hand loved it and could have stayed in there all day.
As soon as it warmed up a bit we introduced Joy's family to sprinklers under the tramp. They all had fun getting wet and slipping everywhere. Chloe was a trooper. I love these shots of her jumping and bouncing all over the place. Poor thing is like a Chihuahua surrounded by German Sheppards - she has no idea she's the little dog.
We finished off the day with obstacle races. We set out a course in the yard and timed everyone running around nets and the playhouse, through the swings, down the slide, under the tramp.... I should have thought of this before! It made the kids nice and tired and they slept so well!
Megan, Joy and I got to sneak away before they had to go and get some fun shopping done. We found some cute stuff and had fun shopping as just us girls! It made me so anxious for Chloe to get older so we could have shopping trips like this together! :)
We had so much fun with our cousins and were so sad when they had to leave. Hopefully we'll have another sleepover soon and enjoy these long summer days and nights together!
No comments:
Post a Comment