Saturday, February 11, 2012

More Hockey

I know we talk about hockey a lot, but lets face it. It is a big part of our lives.
I just had to get some shots of James this last week. He was amazing. I love to see a skill "click". He has been off and on with his desires to play lately, and we aren't forcing him. So when he wanted to play we were all for it.
He was skating around better than he ever has before, shooting the puck (he even tried a back hander), and he even was able to stand up all by himself after falling. That's huge...not just as a skill, but for the saving of his dad's back! :)
Sometimes I don't know why we try and force our kids to do things. I know sometimes we have to help "encourage" them at times, but let's face it. When THEY decide to do something, that's when it gets done. I am grateful for this weeks reminder of that.



No comments:

Post a Comment