Friday, December 9, 2011

Signs of an Amazing Babysitter

We had my niece, Madi come babysit for us the first time and she was great. My kids were actually already asleep, which I felt bad for, but she showed up with a bag full of books, toys she thought they'd like, snacks....
And when we came home we found that she just didn't sit and turn on the TV because the kids were asleep. I usually try to leave my house clean for the babysitter so they can focus on the kids. But she still found some things to do. She hand washed the dishes that were in the sink, lined up the toys that were left out on the train table and folded a little blanket that had been tucked away in the corner.
What class! I have found few, if any babysitters who do all of this. When I was growing up it was known to do all of this...show up with a babysitter bag, clean the house....and when a couple went to the temple there was never a charge.
I am so grateful to my brother and SIL for their example of how they raise their daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment