We started the day by all going to a morning movie, the Muppets. I grew up watching the Muppets, so I was so stoked about it. We went with Seth's sister, Jamie and her family, Seth's hockey buddy Jae, and my brother Matt and his family. It was fun to have my brother there. His little girl just could not stop giggling anytime you said, "Manamanot" to her. It was so cute. A true Muppet fan already.

Then back to the real work...Mom M helped me get the meal together. It was fun to be working side by side in the kitchen together trying to figure everything out. It was my first time hosting and I was excited and nervous all at the same time. Thank goodness we always bless our food! :)
After a few hours of prep, and everyone playing and watching football we sat down to a lovely meal. I had so much fun setting the table and decorating. It's fun for me to use the china, goblets, and nice serving bowls that gather dust most of the year. It just makes everything so calm, peaceful, and beautiful.
Everything was so good I just had to stop in the middle of eating and take a picture. I don't want to pat myself on the back, but I guess I'm going to anyway....everything was delicious (mostly thanks to my sister, Joy who I was on the phone with all week to go over and over recipes and shopping lists with). I am so thankful for the means we have to enjoy such a wonderful life. We are so blessed and it was fun to stop and reflect on how much we have to give thanks for.
(Jamie, caught ya! :) Nothing like a good Thanksgiving Day nap!)
No comments:
Post a Comment